North Bridge is one of two chips in the main board chipset of PC based on Intel processor. North Bridge is designed to process high-speed signals. It usually processes the ports of CPU, memory, PCI Express card (AGP card in the early years), high-speed PCI Express x16 / X8, and communication with South Bridge.
South Bridge is one of the chips based on the chipset architecture of PC motherboard. The South Bridge is designed to process low-speed signals, and is connected with the CPU through the North Bridge. Different manufactures of chipset have different name for this component. For example, Intel calls it the input / output controller hub (ICH), NVIDIA calls it MCP, ATI calls it IXP / SB, AMD also begins to incorporate fusion APU, and gives it marks as FCH, or Fusion Controller center, on behalf of its South Bridge chip. However, in some chipset architectures, the functions of South Bridge will be integrated with those of North Bridge; or some functions will be moved to North Bridge, while some functions of South Bridge will be deleted, and the deleted interface functions will be provided with additional independent chipsets. In this way, there will only be a single chip in the whole chipset architecture, and there will be no other South Bridge chip.
1. Open the chassis cover to check whether the memory module is installed correctly or loosed.
2. Unplug the memory module to check whether the alarm sound is same.
3. Clear COMS (there may be an error in setting) or replace BIOS.
4. Replace the display card or plug in a display card (integrated graphics card of main board).
5. Generally, the long tone is the fault of the memory module; the continuous short tone is divided into two types: one is the video card alarm and the other is the BIOS alarm; the short tone that can enter the system but has interval, under the BIOS of the main board, there is a CPU temperature alarm setting, when the CPU temperature reaches the setting value, the main board will send the short tone alarm with interval.