An industrial computer is used in industry as its name implies. What's the difference between industrial computers and commercial computers?
1. The components used in the computer are different: the internal components of ordinary commercial computers only need to meet the general requirements, but the service life will be shorter than the industrial-grade computer. The industrial computer requires high quality and stability, so it must be guaranteed that it is operated stably under harsh conditions.
2. The service life of the motherboard is different: the internal hardware of common commercial computer updates quickly, so the service life of the general commercial motherboard is only half a year to one year. While the motherboard of the industrial control computer can reach 5 years life under normal use.
3. Reliability is different: take the application in the China market as the example, due to the market positioning of common commercial flat panel, its products will generally only get CCC certification for electronic products and electromagnetic compatibility certification for civil level; While Industrial all-in-one panel PC is mainly aimed at the industrial market, and industrial products require more stringent quality and stability, before each product entering the market. Certificates and tests like CCC, anti-vibration, anti-drop, high and low-temperature resistance, and other industrial tests are needed. Due to the different market positioning, authentication and testing methods are different.
4. Different management: Common commercial tablets only provide the simplest remote management. While for industrial tablet PCs, in addition to providing similar remote management, they can also realize the remote unattended functions.
5. The degree of customization is different: once the ordinary commercial computer is produced, it can not be changed at will, but for the industrial computer, its configuration of the motherboard can flexibly meet the individual needs of some customers. Other customization services including I/O expansion, screen performance, IP-rating protection, enclosure materials, all these custom items match the customer's application demands.
6. Protection functions are different: commercial flat panel PC provides simple protection functions such as dust-proof, water-proof, shock-proof, anti-aging, etc. And some even have no protection function at all; Industrial-grade computers are often built to rugged, and applied in perennial vicious environments, requiring high-reliability in terms of dust-proof, water-proof, shock-proof, anti-aging, and wide temperature & wide voltage operation, etc. And some other functions like watchdog function, plug-and-play, OSD, surge protection, etc., all make every effort to ensure the high stability and reliability of the system in harsh working environments.
7. The working temperature is different: normally, the commercial computers can only be used in the external environment between 5 and 38 Celsius degree, while the industrial computer usually adopts a wide temperature operation design, the working temperature range reach - 30 to +70 Celsius degree, and some wider temperature operation customization is available for some industrial computer manufactures.
8. Industrial computers support a diversity of mounting types, such as embedded mount, wall-hanging mount, desktop, panel mount, vehicle-mounted, open frame, etc, while commercial computers, usually only support desktop and mobile/handheld types.
All above is some explanation for the difference between industrial computers and common commercial tablets. Generally speaking, the performance of industrial computers is more stable and reliable, and the scope of adaptation is wider than commercial tablet PC. Customers should consider comprehensively according to their own application environment and configuration requirements when choosing, in order to find the most cost-effective products.