Whether it is a general computer or an industrial computer, the core components are motherboards. Because the industrial motherboard has a wider range of applications and more complex using environment, users have higher requirements for the function, compatibility and reliability of the industrial motherboard. Then what use needs does the industrial motherboard need to meet?
1. Demand for Product Design
Industrial motherboard needs to work for a long time without interruption. It requires special design of industrial motherboard in high and low temperature resistance, anti-vibration, anti-electromagnetic interference and so on. In addition, the material selection of industrial motherboard takes a long time and high requirements to verify the components, in order to ensure the high reliability requirements of industrial motherboard under complex conditions.
2. Requirements for Dimensions and Specifications
Industrial motherboards need to adapt to different industrial sites, requiring industrial computer manufacturers to provide industrial motherboards with different structures, such as X86 architecture, ARM architecture; industrial motherboards with different sizes, including 2.5 inch, 3.5 inch, 5.25 inch, ATX, Micro-ATX and other specifications; industrial motherboards with high integration to meet the needs of the use environment and operation performance.
3. Functional Requirements
(1) Industrial motherboard needs to complete extensive compatibility and stability tests before shipping out from the factory, including aging test, environmental compatibility test and software safety test, to ensure that each component of industrial motherboard can operate in a wide temperature, humidity, vibration and dusty environment for a long time without failures.
(2) I/O interface is abundant, and it can connect many kinds of devices. Common interfaces of industrial motherboard include serial port, USB, LAN, LVDS, etc. Extension slots include PCI, PCIE, Mini PCIE, etc., which have strong scalability. At the same time equipped with a variety of display interfaces, such as VGA, HDMI, DP, DVI, LPT and so on.
(3) Industrial motherboard can not only provide remote connection management function, but also realize remote unattended automatic on-off switch function. In case of abnormal circumstances such as downtime, it can realize automatic restart to ensure high stability of industrial computer.
4. Other Needs
Industrial motherboard is required to work between - 40 ~80 °C. Industrial computer manufacturers are required to design and process the heat dissipation and insulation of industrial motherboard, such as installing full aluminium shell and high power fan for industrial motherboard, and special treatment for heating components such as CPU, North-South Bridge and hard disk to ensure high temperature conditions of industrial computer. It can continue to operate normally. In addition, according to the needs of the environment, more and more industrial motherboards adopt fanless design, which has low power consumption and good heating disspation. It can improve the efficiency of heat dissipation and reduce the failure rate of industrial computer.